Principle 16 – Promote a culture of tolerance, nonviolence, and peace.
a). Encourage and support mutual understanding, solidarity, and cooperation among all peoples and within and among nations.
b). Implement comprehensive strategies to prevent violent conflict and use collaborative problem solving to manage and resolve environmental conflicts and other disputes.
c). Demilitarize national security systems to the level of a non-provocative defense posture, and convert military resources to peaceful purposes, including ecological restoration.
d). Eliminate nuclear, biological, and toxic weapons and other weapons of mass destruction.
e). Ensure that the use of orbital and outer space supports environmental protection and peace.
f). Recognize that peace is the wholeness created by right relationships with oneself, other persons, other cultures, other life, Earth, and the larger whole of which all are a part.
- Principle 16: The Storyteller and the Samurai
- Principle 16a: Old Joe and the Carpenter
- Principle 16a: The Legend of Ibn Marwân and Judith
- Principle 16b: Gearraidh-a-Muigh
- Principle 16c: The Rose Prince
- Principle 16d: The Foolish Brahmins
- Principle 16f: No Brains